Skin dermatitis (sometimes referred to as eczema) frequently results from a combination of causes, which may include genetic makeup, skin injury and allergy. It is often caused or aggravated by work, when it is known as occupational dermatitis. Skin dermatitis is particularly common in industries involving cleaning, catering, metalwork, hairdressing, healthcare and mechanical work. Severe dermatitis may ensue if effective treatment is not sort.
Skin dermatitis varies in severity. Often it starts as a mild intermittent complaint, but can become severe dermatitis. The affected skin initially becomes red and dry which progresses to itchy papules (bumps) and fluid-filled blisters (vesicles), scaling, cracking (fissures), weeping (exudation) and swelling (oedema). Bacterial infection can result in pustules, crusting and pain. Longstanding dermatitis at the ends of the fingers may result in deformed
With careful management, skin dermatitis usually recovers completely. A few days off work is often helpful. When skin dermatitis becomes severe, it may not be possible to work for weeks or months. Occasionally a change of occupation is necessary.
How Derma Shield can help prevent skin dermatitis
Derma Shield’s microscopic shield ensures that, in most cases, any substance causing the skin dermatitis is no longer in direct contact with the skin.
- This stops any further aggravation of the sensitised area enabling the skin to
To aid faster skin recovery Derma Shield contains high-grade pharmaceutical moisturisers that are locked in to keep the skin supple.
- Aloe Vera and Vitamin E nurture the skin and break the Itch-Scratch-Itch cycle.
Because Derma Shield is designed only to come off the skin as it sheds naturally, one application will last for four to five hours despite repeated washing
- This leaves you to go about your day confident that your skin dermatitis is
being moisturised, nurtured and protected.
Want to prove it for yourself?
As the manufacturers we have supreme confidence in Derma Shield’s ability to solve your skin care concerns. This confidence translates into giving you four options to try Derma Shield in your own workplace, yet we take all the risk!
- Take a Risk Free Trial and prove for yourself what thousands already know.
- Buy online now. Use a credit/debit/corporate card and buy from as little as one 50ml can and take advantage of our 90 day money back guarantee.
- Send us your corporate order for case quantities by e-mail or fax and we will open a corporate credit account for your organisation. If Derma Shield doesn’t meet your expectations, contact us three to four weeks after you receive your delivery and we will collect all full, partially used and empty cans for a full price credit against your account.
- Alternatively, order from your preferred industrial supplies company. Send them an order and ask them to contact us.
We are the only company in our industry that has the confidence to offer this level of guarantee. The only reason we can do this is because Derma Shield actually works – It will solve your organisation’s skincare concerns!
Derma Shield – your solution to skin dermatitis