Glove allergy in tattooists
Glove allergy can affect anyone who is required to wear gloves and sanitise their skin; e.g.
latex gloves and alcohol spray.
Tattooists have a duty of care to their clients to ensure that the client is safe from infections within the studio so whilst the use of close-fitting examination latex gloves and the constant sanitisation of the tattooists skin is essential for the safety of the client, it can cause very dry skin which is sometimes recognised as a glove allergy.
Most skins sanitisers have some form of alcohol in them and whilst it is a very effective, “bug
killer”, it is also very effective at, destroying the natural oils or lipid layer as it is known.
Latex type gloves are without doubt the best barrier that we know of however they too can also have a detrimental impact on skin. It would not be unusual for a busy tattooist to wear gloves for over five hours in a working day. This constant wearing of gloves causes the skin to perspire excessively, which reduces the moisture content in the skin and causes what most would call a latex glove allergy.
Once the lipid layer has been destroyed by the alcohol the skin will quickly start to dry out which will be exacerbated by the wearing of gloves. Dry skin quickly loses its suppleness and starts to split and crack, particularly around the tips of the fingers and where it stretches over the knuckles. If the problem isn’t dealt with at an early stage the breakdown of the skin can very quickly lead to infections and other potentially more serious issues.
The damaged skin is not only a medical condition it also causes personal embarrassment and professional difficulties, after all, who would want their skin touched and tattooed by someone who has damaged hands from a glove allergy.
“I am 64 years old and have been a professional tattoo artist for 42 years now.
Around twenty years ago we were advised to wear gloves for work. Unfortunately these were latex. Subsequently over the years I developed dermatitis. This was not good for my health as well as my business, due to the damage caused to my skin.
Last summer I experience a severe bout of dermatitis, putting me out of work for two months. Tattooing is more than a job to me, it is my life.
As my skin was so bad, my son looked into what could be of help…. He found you guys. Having read your site I made up my mind to contact you. I spoke to Peter, whom was most helpful. I placed an order. From the first application, I was back to work, I found the product protecting and healing, at last I had found a solution.
I cannot thank you guys enough, it’s like being given my life back. I still have the glove allergy but I know your product is stabilizing it.
I look forward to doing business with you for a long time to come!” BE Dunstable
How Derma Shield stops glove allergy
Get your skin condition back to normal and get your life back quickly.
- Derma Shield moisturises dry cracked skin and protects the skin from further glove allergies that can occur after prolonged glove usage.
Your skin will look and feel normal and therefore easier for you to continue working
- Derma Shield is formulated to ensure it is perfectly suited to use whilst working inside gloves. The skin does not feel greasy and full sense of touch is maintained.
your skin without having to endure the painful stinging.
- Derma Shield contains hi-tech co-polymers that whilst locking moisturisers and nurturing ingredients into your skin continues to protect the skin for 4 to 5 hours despite repeated washing.
Want to prove it for yourself?
As the manufacturers we have supreme confidence in Derma Shield’s ability to solve
your skin care concerns. This confidence translates into giving you four options to
try Derma Shield in your own workplace, yet we take all the risk!
1. Take a Risk Free Trial and prove for yourself what thousands already know.
3. Send us your corporate order for case quantities by e-mail or fax and we will open a corporate credit account for your organisation. If Derma Shield doesn’t meet your expectations, contact us three to four weeks after you receive your delivery and we will collect all full, partially used and empty cans for a full price credit against your account.
4. Alternatively, order from your preferred industrial supplies company. Send them an order and ask them to contact us.
We are the only company in our industry that has the confidence to offer this level of guarantee. The only reason we can do this is because Derma Shield actually works – It
will solve your organisation’s skincare concerns!
Derma Shield – your solution to glove allergy in tattooists