Farrier skin care
As a farrier you undoubtedly hold a deep commitment for the care and well being of horses. Your job is challenging and physically demanding, but the sight of seeing a freshly shoed horse is reward in itself.
However, at the end of a day’s work, the sight of your hands may not engender similar feelings. After suffering extremes of heat, friction from tool use and being subjected to horse dander, dirt and grime, your skin can look in desperate need of some care and attention of its own.
Protective gloves help, but they are often impracticable and can add to skin abrasion – especially when sweat is trapped. In addition, the need for regular washing as you travel from client to client can damage your hand’s natural, protective lipid layer.
As a result, many farriers suffer from dry, sore and brittle skin. The harsh winds of winter only exacerbate this problem, often degenerating into split skin and raw, cracked fingertips. If this condition is left untreated it can become painful and even lead to an increased risk of
Remember, your hands are your livelihood!
To keep your skin in top condition, you will need to employ a product that moisturises, nurtures and protects; is resistant to constant hand washing, hypo-allergenic and fragrance free. It should not leave a greasy residue, allowing your skin to breathe and
“…Winters were a nightmare. The cold weather resulted in chapped, bleeding hands. As an outdoor person who tends to horses. . .
Now, I use Derma Shield everyday. This last winter is the first I can remember when I haven’t had chapped hands and bleeding fingers enveloped in bandages and plasters. Many, many thanks.” RD Cornwell
So how will Derma Shield heelp farriers in their everyday work?
Nurture the skin and help to keep it supple. Supple skin doesn’t split –
- To aid faster skin recovery Derma Shield contains high-grade pharmaceutical moisturisers such as Aloe Vera and Vitamin E that are locked in to keep the skin supple.
Go about your day confident that your dry skin is being moisturised,
nurtured and protected.
- Because Derma Shield is designed only to come off the skin as it sheds naturally, one
application will last for four to five hours despite repeated washing.
Stop any further aggravation of the sensitised skin and enable the skin to recover quickly.
- Derma Shield’s microscopic shield ensures that, in most cases, any substance causing the skin to dry out is no longer in direct contact with the skin.
Improve your skin hygiene at work and home.
- Derma Shield has a natural anti-bacterial action that enhances any skin sanitisation method you use as it will continue to lower the colony count on your skin by a
factor of ten for up to 4 hours.
Want to prove it for yourself?
As the manufacturers we have supreme confidence in Derma Shield’s ability to solve
your skin care concerns. This confidence translates into giving you four options to try Derma Shield in your own workplace, yet we take all the risk!
- Take a Risk Free Trial and
prove for yourself what thousands already know.
- Buy online now. Use a credit/debit/corporate card and buy
from as little as one 50ml can and take advantage of our 90 day money back guarantee.
- Send us your corporate order for case quantities by e-mail or fax and we will open a corporate credit account for your organisation.
If Derma Shield doesn’t meet your expectations, contact us three to four
weeks after you receive your delivery and we will collect all full,
partially used and empty cans for a full price credit against your
- Alternatively, order from your preferred
industrial supplies company. Send them an order and ask them to contact us.
We are the
only company in our industry that has the confidence to offer this level of
guarantee. The only reason we can do this is because Derma Shield actually
works – It will solve your
organisation’s skincare concerns!
Derma Shield – your solution to farrier’s skin care