Eczema hands (normally dry eczema) is a type of skin inflammation. Eczema hands are particularly common in industries involving cleaning, catering, metalwork, hairdressing, healthcare and mechanical work. Dry eczema may become a major problem if effective treatment is not sort.
The key symptom is an itchy, lumpy rash. In more acute cases, the eczema hands become red and swollen. Small blisters may develop just under the skin. These areas of inflammation are scattered over the fingers and the palm but can also affect other parts of the hands. The fingers may become quite swollen. Because of the itching, the area becomes badly chapped. If the eczema hands
become very bad, they can become very painful and it may be difficult to perform normal daily tasks particularly when working with small items.
As the condition persists, some blisters may still be present. However, the skin becomes generally dry, scaly, and thickened. Over the finger joints, splits and cracks may develop which are very painful. Eventually, there are no blisters at all. The skin then appears very thick, dry and scaly
Eczema hands can often be exacerbated by the irritants that you come into contact with on a daily basis.
With careful management, eczema hands usually recover completely. A few days off work is often helpful. When eczema hands becomes severe, it may not be possible to work for weeks or months. Occasionally a change of occupation is necessary.
How Derma Shield can help prevent eczema hands
Derma Shield’s microscopic shield ensures that, in most cases, any substance exacerbating the eczema hands is no longer in direct contact with the skin.
- This stops any further aggravation of the sensitised area enabling the skin to recover.
To aid faster skin recovery Derma Shield contains high-grade pharmaceutical moisturisers that are locked in to keep the skin supple.
- Aloe Vera and Vitamin E nurture the skin and break the Itch-Scratch-Itch cycle.
Because Derma Shield is designed only to come off the skin as it sheds naturally, one application will last for four to five hours despite repeated washing
- This leaves you to go about your day confident that your eczema hands are being moisturised, nurtured and protected.
Want to prove it for yourself?
As the manufacturers we have supreme confidence in Derma Shield’s ability to solve your skin care concerns. This confidence translates into giving you four options to try Derma Shield in your own workplace, yet we take all the risk!
- Take a Risk Free Trial and prove for yourself what thousands already know.
- Buy online now. Use a credit/debit/corporate card and buy from as little as one 50ml can and take advantage of our 90 day money back guarantee.
- Send us your corporate order for case quantities by e-mail or fax and we will open a corporate credit account for your organisation. If Derma Shield doesn’t meet your expectations, contact us three to four weeks after you receive your delivery and we will collect all full, partially used and empty cans for a full price credit against your account.
- Alternatively, order from your preferred industrial supplies company. Send them an order and ask them to contact us.
We are the only company in our industry that has the confidence to offer this level of guarantee. The only reason we can do this is because Derma Shield actually works – It will solve your organisation’s skincare concerns!
Derma Shield – your solution to eczema hands