Chapped skin and chapped fingers are a result of very dry skin, occurring due to reduced moisture, or water, content of the skin. The surface of the skin holds a certain amount of water. When the water content decreases, the skin becomes dry, itchy, and uncomfortable .Chapped skin and chapped fingers would be defined as a sore roughening or splitting of the skin, caused especially by cold or exposure. The low humidity of autumn and winter together with the use of indoor heat dries and irritates skin.
A number of professions and trades, such as; cleaning, catering, metalwork, hairdressing, healthcare and mechanical work will exacerbate the chapped skin. Chapped skin and chapped fingers are not uncommon: Approximately 13% of the population per year visit their GP with a skin complaint. Dry or chapped skin accounts for over 70% of these visits.
As one user said:
“As a post lady I suffer badly from painful chapped fingers. Sorting the
mail first thing in the morning strips my hands of all natural oils and then I
spend 4 or more hours out of doors in all weathers with only fingerless gloves
for protection during the winter.
I came across your website a few weeks ago in an attempt to find something
that would stop this from happening, ordered some Derma Shield and have been
using it twice a day for just over a week now. Amazingly my painful split
fingers have healed. Nothing has ever worked like this before. Thank you so
much.” JL. UK
How Derma Shield can help prevent chapped skin
Derma Shield’s microscopic shield ensures that, in most cases, any substance exacerbating the chapped skin is no longer in direct contact with the skin.
- This stops any further drying out of the sensitised area enabling the skin to recover.
To aid faster skin recovery Derma Shield contains high-grade pharmaceutical moisturisers that are locked in to keep the skin supple.
- Aloe Vera and Vitamin E nurture the skin and break the Itch-Scratch-Itch cycle.
Because Derma Shield is designed only to come off the skin as it sheds naturally, one application will last for four to five hours despiterepeated washing
- This leaves you to go about your day confident that your chapped skin is being moisturised, nurtured and protected.
Want to prove it for yourself?
As the manufacturers we have supreme confidence in Derma Shield’s ability to solve your skin care concerns. This confidence translates into giving you four options to try Derma Shield in your own workplace, yet we take all the risk!
- Take a Risk Free Trial and prove for yourself what thousands already know.
- Buy online now. Use a credit/debit/corporate card and buy from as little as one 50ml can and take advantage of our 90 day money back guarantee.
- Send us your corporate order for case quantities by e-mail or fax and we will open a corporate credit account for your organisation. If Derma Shield doesn’t meet your expectations, contact us three to four weeks after you receive your delivery and we will collect all full, partially used and empty cans for a full price credit against your account.
- Alternatively, order from your preferred industrial supplies company. Send them an order and ask them to contact us.
We are the only company in our industry that has the confidence to offer this level of guarantee. The only reason we can do this is because Derma Shield actually works – It will solve your organisation’s skincare concerns!
Derma Shield – your solution to chapped skin